Camping Tips & Info
Here are some handy tips to make your Southbound experience the best it can be! You will need to carry your stuff from your car across a fairly large paddock to the campsite (and back again), so travel light. Leave at home the roll out futon and fridge sized eski and just bring a small tent, light bedding and personal items. There is no restriction to the tent sizes you can bring in, but we ask you not to abuse Southbounds’ flexibility on this. You might want to bring a trolley to carry everything on.
Here’s a list of things you should bring:
- tent (including a fly sheet)
- sleeping bag
- hat, sunscreen
- a beach towel and/or bath towel
- your board shorts, bathers or bikinis to shower in (many showers are communal) and to use down at the beach
- warm clothing as it will get cold after dark
- wet weather gear (come prepared for all weather, remember though – no umbrellas)
- some comfy enclosed shoes
- a torch (with charged batteries)
- sealed, plastic water bottle – glass bottles are not permitted (please drink lots of water)
- mosquito/fly repellent
- enough cash to get you through the festival
- a padlock for your tent.
Alcohol is not permitted in the campgrounds so please do not bring this with you. If alcohol is found in the campground, it will be confiscated and you will be evicted.
Please don’t drink too much and be aware that you may still be over the limit the next day when you head home. Police may be breathalysing after the festival so beware!
Please help us keep the campsite clean and dispose of your rubbish in the recycling stations around the campsite. These will be clearly marked.
If you have a medical or security issue, or have any questions, please head to your nearest HELP POD. You can also deposit your rubbish at the PODs for recycling.
There will be shuttle buses for campers on Saturday morning to take them into town from 6.30am. The last bus will leave Busselton town at 2pm to return to the festival grounds.
Bring only your credit or key card that you will need for the weekend. Leave all valuables and unnecessary cards at home.
Don’t leave personal effects and valuables inside your tent. Security personnel and Southbound camping staff will undertake regular patrols of the camping area, however Sunset Events will not be responsible for damaged, lost or stolen items.
Hope this helps!